The Iron Lady With The Golden Touch
Datuk Wira Dr. Maznah Hamid www.maznahhamid.com is Securiforce Group Executive Chairman. She established and steered Securiforce from an unknown entity 35 years ago, to become the largest Security provider in Malaysia, successfully rising over more than a hundred other competitive companies of a similar nature.
She started her business with merely RM5000 from her savings compared to other companies of similar nature that began with capitals between RM500,000 to RM1milion. She now heads nearly 65 branches with employees reaching to almost 6000, hundreds of firearms and numerous armoured vehicles. The services are not only limited to static guard but also spans to logistic, cash-in-transit, cash management, high tech cargo management, armoured trucking service, as well as numerous other services. Securiforce provides a complete and total security package, pioneering the concept of ‘total security’.
As a result of her sheer dedication and management ability, Securiforce has now developed and diversified into many subsidiary companies, thriving from strength to strength.
One such example is Danau Lumayan, a Property Development Company situated at Bandar Tun Razak, Cheras. Danau Lumayan has signed a Privatised Agreement with Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur to develop a parcel of Land situated at Bandar Tun Razak. Danau Lumayan builds and sells exclusive condominiums, penthouses, buildings – (offices / shop lots).
Securiforce Group has also expanded their services to our valued customer by offering a Global Logistics and Supply Chain Services with the establishment of Securiforce Logistics which the headquarters in Kuala Lumpur and operating their owned oversea offices in Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Turkey .The company also have registered his representative offices in Philippines, Germany and United kingdom. Datuk Dr. Maznah also has the vision to have collaboration with few potential partners in Middle East, Europe and USA to enhance our logistics services at the respective country.
The most incredible and interesting part in Datuk Wira Dr. Maznah Hamid’s success story is that all her companies were established and progressively growing without any aid from the banking institutions. This has gained her much admiration and respect from peers as well as competitors. Her philosophy of success and achievement can be seen in her belief that “the main capital in business is yourself”.
She carries the principle of “we should produce a workload more than what we are paid for, as in the end, we will be rewarded much more than what we have done”. This principle has lead to major successes in her business career.
For her outstanding leadership qualities and distinguished entrepreneurship, she was invited to introduce the motivational programme at TV3 in 1990, where she was made Motivational Counsellor and Success Counsellor at both RTM and TV3. Hence, we quite often hear her familiar voice over the radio, and see her appearances on television.
She was also a Motivational Counsellor of Human Development, Business Development and a Success Counsellor at several institutes of higher learning. Her endurance, ’guts feeling’, ’persistency’ and ‘sustaining power’ become her most prized asset. She continuously tries to instil those strengths through her ”ZERO TO HERO” seminar and ”AWAKEN THE SPIRIT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP/INTRAPRENEURSHIP”. Through this seminar, she hopes to awaken and empower the entrepreneurship spirit within every individual.
She had also published a book entitled “MOTIVASI MEMBURU KEJAYAAN” (3K – Success, Happiness and Wealth ) in Malay / Mandarin , 3K Mini Series and 3K Motivational Musical Album based on her principles, practices and experiences, in her effort to strive for excellent, powerful results. The English version for the 3K book will be published soon.
Some of my highlights
- Vice President of the Women World Entrepreneur Association (FCEM)
- Board of Director of Golden Hope Plantations Berhad
- Board of Trustee of Yayasan Sultanah Bahiyah, Kedah
- Fellowship School of Social Development, University Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Chairman for the Board of Directors Uniutama Property Sdn Bhd (UPSB) – UUM
- Member, Board of Director, Uniutama Management Holdings Sdn Bhd (UMHSB) – UUM
- • Member of Entrepreneurship Development Council, MECD
- Member of Action Planning Development of Ummah Council, Jabatan Perdana menteri (JPM)
- Member of Women Wing, UMNO Malaysia
- ChairPerson, Entrepreneurs Bureau of Women Wing, UMNO Malaysia
- Head of Women Wing, UMNO Kedah
- Head of Women Wing, Barisan Nasional, Kedah
- ChairPerson, Entrepreneurs Bureau of Women Wing, UMNO , Kedah
- Chairperson, Women & Community Development, Jerlun Division, Kedah
- Head of Women Wing, UMNO, Jerlun Division, Kedah
- President, Malaysian Association of Professional Speakers (MAPS)
- Presiden Kehormat USAHAWATI
- Advisor for Excellerated Business Schools Inc, USA
- Advisor, Success Resources Training School, Pte Ltd
- The Honorary Excellent Graduate Award for Personal Development and Leadership)
(Anugerah Graduan Cemerlang Daya Kepimpinan Diri – PDL)
- Excellent Entrepreneur Award by The Malay Business of Chamber
(Anugerah Usahawan Cemerlang – Dewan Perniagaan dan Perusahaan Melayu Malaysia)
- Tan Sri Fatimah Hashim Excellent Woman Award by Avon
(Anugerah Wanita Cemerlang Tan Sri Fatimah Hashim – Avon)
- Honorary & Reputable Woman Award by Putra University, Malaysia)
(Anugerah Wanita Kehormat – Universiti Putra Malaysia)
- Excellent Woman Award by Her World Magazine
(Anugerah Kecemerlangan Wanita – Her World)
- Entrepreneur Appreciation Award – MECD
- Entrepreneur Award by The Malay Business of Chamber, Kedah, Malaysia
(Anugerah Tokoh Usahawan – Dewan Perniagaan Melayu Malaysia, Kedah)
- The BrandLaureate – SMEs Brand Personality Award 200
(Anugerah The BrandLaureate –SMEs Brand Personaliti 2007)
- Mother of Entrepreneurs Award 2008 by AVON
(Anugerah Ibu Usahawan 2008 – AVON)
- Honorary Master of Entrepreneurship 2008
(Anugerah Ijazah Kehormat Keusahawanan 2008 – Help Universiti)
- Tribute to Women Award 2008 – (Entrepreneurship)
(Anugerah ’Tribute to Women’ 2008 – Usahawan)
- Entrepreneur Extraordinaire Award – National Women Entrepreneurs Award 2008 (NWEA) – SMIDEC
- Phd, Doctor of Business Administration, Major in Entrepreneurship, Motivation & Human Development, from Central State University of New York, USA
- Prime Minister Woman Entrepreneur Award 2011 – (Finalist)
(Anugerah Perdana Menteri Usahawan Wanita 2011 – Finalis)
- Platinum Entrepreneur 2011 Award – SME Recognition Award 2011
- Mother’s Day Award 2012 – Harmoni , Utusan Karya
- Anugerah “Lady Extraordinaire Inaugural Women of Excellence Awards 2014
- Anugerah “Great Entrepreneur Brand ICON Leadership Awards Asia Pacific 2014”
- Anugerah ”Darjah Gemilang Seri Mahkota Kedah” – membawa Gelaran Dato’Wira – 18 Januari 2015
- Anugerah ”Masterclass Women Entrepreneur of The Year at SME Congress & Golden Dinar Award 2016”
- Anugerah ”CSR MALAYSIA AWARDS 2016’ – RHA MEDIA (Research House of Asia)